Congratulations! We hope you are as excited as we are about your upcoming move-in. This article will discuss all the steps you need to take to make your move-in a success.
Don't worry if you're not up for long reading - we'll be sending you handy email reminders to let you know exactly when you need to take each step. For those of you who want to get ahead of the game, read up here on what's ahead.
Moving is stressful, so we want to make it easier on you. Here's what the Up&Up move-in process looks like:
- Receive your executed lease and payment schedule reminder
- Hop on an onboarding call with your Up&Up move-in coordinator
- Your remaining payment is processed
- Set up your utilities and renter's insurance
- Grab the keys and move-in!
When and how do I make my final payment?
We require payments to clear prior to move-in. Our leasing team will process your final payment. The timing and form of your payment is dependent on how soon you're moving in after signing your lease.
Move-in within 7 days after lease signing
- We will charge your debit card 48 hours prior to move-in
- Our leasing team will call you to collect your debit card number
- To avoid any move-in delays we recommend calling your bank to confirm the charge will process, you have adequate funds in your account, and the move-in payment does not exceed your daily charge limit
Move-in more than 7 days after lease signing
- We will charge your move-in payment via ACH days before your move-in
- To avoid any move-in delays please ensure adequate funds are available in the account prior to the charge date
- You can expect to see the funds withdrawn from your account 5-7 days after the charge takes place
How do I set up my utilities?
Three days before move-in, you'll receive an email with instructions on how to set up your utilities. Please note that utilities under Up&Up's name will be turned off on your lease start date.
As the renter, you are responsible for setting up and paying for all the utilities in your home.
The utilities you are responsible for are:
To set up your utilities, follow these steps:
- Find utilities providers here: https://www.inmyarea.com/utilities
- Contact your providers of choice
- Provide them with your new address
- Request that your utilities start on your lease start date
Prior to your call, utilities will be under "Homevest".
How do I set up my renter's insurance?
Three days before move-in you'll receive an email with instructions on how to set up your renter's insurance.
Renter's insurance is a requirement of your lease. You can select any insurance provider. We suggest Lemonade because it's affordable and easy to set up.
Your renter's insurance must meet the following requirements:
- $100k in liability insurance
- Coverage for resident caused water damage
- Coverage for dog bites (if you have a dog)
- List us as an "interested party" on your insurance
- If you live in GA, this party will be: HV INV GA I LLC, 10 Grand Street, Suite 700, Brooklyn, NY 11249.
- If you live in MO, this party will be: HV INV MO II LLC, 10 Grand Street, Suite 700, Brooklyn, NY 11249.
Proof of insurance
We require that you submit proof of your insurance. Your proof of insurance should show:
- Name of insurance company
- Address of your home
- Dates of policy coverage
- The appropriate Up&Up entity listed as an "Interested Party"
- The coverage requirements listed above
To share this with us you can:
- Send a screenshot or image to email@example.com
- Upload an image at https://app.upandup.co/account/tasks
- Upload an image to the Up&Up app
How do I get my keys?
How you retrieve your keys on your lease start date will depend on the type of move-in you scheduled with your move-in coordinator.
In person move-in: Scheduled Time
- Prior to your move-in, your move-in coordinator will call you to schedule a time to meet you at your new rental on your lease start date
- During your in-person move-in, your move-in coordinator will walk through the home with you, address any concerns, and tell you a little bit about how to get started with your Up&Up Wallet
Virtual move-in: 10AM via lockbox
- Your house will be all ready to go with a lockbox with your new keys!
- The code for the lockbox will be sent to the primary tenant by text the day of your move in at 10 am
- If you do not receive a code please contact our Customer Success team at (855) 908-0600
- From there, you're free to take your keys and someone from our team will remove the empty lockbox from your door in the following few days
- All other keys/accessories needed for the home such as garage door openers will be on the kitchen counter
For instructions on how to use our lockbox, read How do I unlock the lockbox at my home?